The City offers equipment “rental” at the Oval each day at 12noon-8pm. Be sure to bring government-issued photo ID with you, if you need to borrow equipment.
Helmets, knee pads, elbow pads, and wrist guards are mandatory for all skaters ages 15 & under. Helmets and wrist guards are mandatory for skaters ages 16 & older. Mouth guards are mandatory for skaters in the Ages 10+ Training Group.
Groups and practice days/times for the fall are listed below. Changes to the schedule, including cancellations and postponements due to weather, will be posted on this page. You can check the HRM Oval schedule and webcam to get a better sense of conditions.
Registration for the All Ages Fall Inline program at the Oval is closed. You can still register for the Ages 10+ Training Group and George Dixon Centre program here. Winter ice registration is now open: you can register here.
Updates to weekly schedule: Social Skates on Fridays will no longer be held (no one came last week...)
All Ages Program
All Ages practices are cancelled if it is raining or the Oval surface is too wet to skate.
- Laura C, 5:30-6:30pm, at the Oval: Yoyo, Elsie, Lavinia, Daniel, Valentina
- Laura C, 6:30-7:30pm, at the Oval: Remy, Lufei, Danny J, Emily J, Prem, Jenny
- Laura C, 5:30-6:30pm, at the Oval: Murari, Sivanya, Krishitha, Anusha, Henry Q
- Laura C, 6:30-7:30pm, at the Oval: Advit, Vihaan, Abhinav, Soyun, Sujin
- Aoife & Xingyan, 4-5pm, at the Oval: Victor, Lucas, Saebom, Juwon, Max Z, Dante
- Lindsay & Brian, 4-5pm, at the Oval: Ellena, Cindy, Meida
- Joanna, 4-5pm, at the Oval: Henry J, Chris
- Shawn, 4-5pm, at the Oval: Hongxia, Luke, Josh
- Darragh, 4-5pm, at the Oval: Audrey, Rosemary
- Evan & Cesar, 6:30-7:30pm, at the Oval: Arya, Ryan P, Rachel, Emily C
- Luke, Celina, & Adam, 6:30-7:30pm, at the Oval: Olivia, Claire, Kiara, Airita, Lexi, Ewan
- Jason & Darragh, 6:30-7:30pm, at the Oval: Tsion, Ashton, Sarah
- Genevieve, Xingyan, & Jack, 12:15-1:15pm, at the Oval: Shajpreet, Max Y, Adam, Connor, Paakhi, Andrei, Ananyaa, Ain, Yaluo, Anna
- Luke & Alex, 12:15-1:15pm, at the Oval: Muhammadin, Nathan, Andrew, Zunair, Ayaan
- Aoife, Joanna, & Celina, 12:15-1:15pm, at the Oval: Amy, Auyona, Sharanya, Murray, Sarang, Jiah
- Shawn, Lance, Kanishga, & Charlotte, 12:15-1:15pm, at the Oval: Prashiv, Kevit, Bijal, Rikhav, Areeb
George Dixon Centre Program
- Community program, 5:30-6:30pm (Eliza, Genevieve, Lisa, Olga, Nicolas)
- Club program, 6:50-7:50pm (Eliza, Eric, Lisa, Olga, Nicolas): Advit, Cindy, Rikhav, Ryan C, Lin
Ages 10+ & Ages 10+/Nationals Training Groups
- Oval, 4-5:30pm (Lisa): preparation for Crazy about Corners — Sep 14th & 21st
- Sportsplex arena, 4-5:20pm (Lisa, Lindsay, Shawn, Young): Crazy about Corners — 12 weeks of indoor ice for Ages 10+ groups — begins Sep 28th, registration opens soon…
- Sportsplex track and fitness room, 5:30-7pm (Lisa, Lindsay, Shawn, Young): off-ice workout for the Nationals group, begins Sep 28th…
- Oval, 5-6:30pm (Lisa, Lindsay): off-wheels and inline practice — this practice is rain or shine and will be done off-wheels if it is too wet to skate…
- Oval, 10am-12noon (Lisa, Shawn, Lance, Haipeng): off-wheels and inline practice — rain date for this practice is Sundays, 9-11am (Lisa, Will, Haipeng)
Support Speedy Kids by buying tickets in the Sport Nova Scotia 50-50 draw!
Check out the Sport Quarterly article about Speedy Kids!
Congratulations to Speedy Kids for being recognized by Sport Nova Scotia for making a difference through sport during 2020-2021! Huge thanks to our volunteers for making it possible to have such a successful year at the Oval despite all the challenges thrown at us by COVID-19.