FALL INLINE PROGRAMS:
George Dixon Centre Inline Skating Program ($20)
- for children ages 4-12 (those in Ages 10+ Training Group are NOT eligible)
- lessons are Friday evenings, for 4 weeks, at 6:50-7:50pm
- there will be three 4-week sessions offered: September 17-October 8, October 15-November 5, and November 12-December 3 — participants are limited to one 4-week session unless extra spaces are available
- equipment is provided
All-Ages Fall Inline Skating Program ($20, with $50 family rate) — REGISTRATION IS CLOSED FOR THIS PROGRAM
- for children and youth ages 4 & older, parents are welcome
- once-per-week lesson during September and October (day/time to be arranged)
- practices take place at the Oval during public skate times
- equipment can be borrowed at the Oval from the City
Ages 10+ Training Group ($40 fall start)
- for skaters from the Speedy Kids winter ice program, born in 2011 or earlier, who are interested in doing additional training during the spring, summer, and fall months
- training includes running, circuit, imitations, and inline skating
- practices are 2-3x per week, beginning in early April and ending in late November
Ages 10+/Nationals Training Group ($65 fall start)
- for skaters from the Speedy Kids winter ice program, who are old enough to compete at national championships (girls ages 11 & over, boys ages 12 & over, on 30 June 2021) and have a desire to do so
- training includes running, circuit, imitations, inline skating, weight training, and cycling
- practices are 3-5x per week, beginning in early April and ending in late November
- individualized training plans with additional sessions as appropriate are provided
WINTER ICE PROGRAMS:
During the winter, you will find us at the Oval on the Halifax Common.
All equipment — skates, helmets, and protective gear — is provided.
Practice times for our various programs are Tuesdays 4-6pm, Wednesdays 4-6pm, Fridays 4-6pm, and Saturdays 8:30-11am. Children 4 & older can skate 1x per week, children 7 & older can skate 2x per week, and youth 10 & older can skate 3+x per week.
Parents are also welcome to participate: there is a learn-to-skate program for parents who cannot skate, and parents who are experienced skaters are welcome to join a group and help out the coaches.